The JVC’s KW-V340BT DVD receiver takes full advantage of its 6.8″ Clear Resistive touchscreen panel, giving you lots of ways to customize it in your dash. JVC also includes multi-phone Bluetooth® options for wireless smartphone fun. And JVC backs up this receiver with a 2-year warranty.
You can set the background you want on the big touchscreen display.
Adjust the visuals
JVC lets you pick from multiple backgrounds and user interfaces for this stereo’s crystal-clear touchscreen display. You also get a variable brightness control with an auto dimmer, so you’re not visible from space. And if you’re having trouble with glare, you can adjust the display’s viewing angle. The 6.2″ inset screen shows off your videos when you’re parked.
Wireless Bluetooth convenience
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming for music, podcasts, and audiobooks, along with the convenience of hands-free phone calls. This JVC lets you can quickly switch between two paired phones — handy for vehicles with more than one driver. And when you’re streaming audio, JVC’s Streaming DJ feature lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for the ultimate road trip playlist. You can also control this car stereo directly from your iPhone® or Android™ phone using JVC’s free Remote app.
iPhone and Android users, you can tap into Internet radio stations like Pandora®, iHeartRadio®, and Spotify for huge music libraries that can stream to this JVC. If you’re looking for radio stations that won’t fade away as you head out of town, add a SiriusXM tuner to this JVC to enjoy satellite radio’s deep programming. The KW-V340BT also includes a sensitive AM/FM tuner to catch all your local stations too. You can plug your Android phone or iPhone into the rear-panel USB port, and control the music in your phone while you charge it. The port can also handle music stored on a thumb drive, including high-resolution FLAC music files. You can even go old school with those little shiny discs (CDs and DVDs) that used to be all the rage.
Refine that sound
And when you’ve got the music playing, you can tweak your sound by using a huge array of sound-sculpting controls, including a 13-band graphic equalizer and time alignment. To battle compressed audio, JVC’s K2 technology helps bring back the depth and detail for all your digital music sources. Because most car speakers are located down low in the doors, this receiver also offers Sound Lift, which adjusts your music’s frequencies to virtually “raise” your speakers for better, more natural imaging. If you want even more oomph from your music, JVC also include three sets of 4-volt preamp outputs to add an amplifier or a powered subwoofer.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The KW-V340BT offers compatibility you won’t find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you’d otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You’ll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the JVC’s screen. Once you’ve identified your vehicle, you’ll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it’s compatible.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you’ll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you’ll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You’ll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you’re going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.8″ Clear Resistive touchscreen (6.2″ inset WVGA display for video)
- customizable display background and digital angle adjustment for better in-dash visibility
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- Streaming DJ feature allows five Bluetooth audio source devices to be connected
- Siri Eyes Free Control
- music control and charging of Apple and select Android devices using the USB connection
- Pandora, iHeartRadio, and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 13-band equalizer with time alignment
- K2 technology improves the digital sound for all music sources
- Sound Lift compensates for speakers that are low in the doors
- selectable 2-way or 3-way crossover network
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- optional wireless remote
- inputs: rear USB input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: rear video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)