Sony XSP-N1BT CD receiver is making a splash in the smartphone world with their XSP-N1BT CD receiver with its innovative phone cradle. The XSP-N1BT uses Sony’s exclusive App Remote technology to turn your smartphone into its display and control panel, so you’ll experience easy access to music, navigation, and other smartphone apps when you’re behind the wheel.
Setting it up is easy — download Sony’s app, then put your smartphone into the cradle that’s built into this receiver. Connect your phone via the cradle’s USB port (iPhone®) or via Bluetooth® (Android™), and you’re ready to roll. With many Android phones, you can use Near Field Communication Bluetooth to automatically pair to the receiver, and if you’re using an iPhone, Sony’s Simple Secure Pairing pairs the phone easily the first time you connect via USB.
The XSP-N1BT offers powerful voice control features when it’s operating with your smartphone in the cradle. You’ll be able to the compose and hear text messages or emails, listen to notifications or mapping information, and control your music, all while you keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.
You can also entertain yourself with the receiver’s CD player, plus an AM/FM tuner. And the built-in Bluetooth adds hands-free calling and audio streaming from compatible devices to the mix. You can also connect a satellite radio tuner to this Sony receiver, and check out SiriusXM’s deep programming wherever you drive. Whatever the source, you can tune the sound to your liking with Sony’s powerful 10-band EQ.
If you don’t have your smartphone on hand, the Sony XSP-N1BT CD receiver simple LCD display keeps you informed, while its wireless remote provides access to CD, USB, and tuner functions.
In most cars, you’ll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you’ll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You’ll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/55 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- smartphone cradle and App Remote technology lets you use your select smartphones as receiver display and controller
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- NFC offers instant Bluetooth pairing with compatible phones
- remote control
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- App Remote 2 mode for iPhone (iOS 5+, via USB) and Android (2.2+, via Bluetooth)
- Pandora Internet radio control with iPhone, Android, and Blackberry smartphones
- EQ10 10-band equalizer
- digital time correction for superior stereo imaging
- Digital Sound Enhancement Engine improves digital file sound quality
- high- and low-pass filters
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front USB inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Be the first to review “Sony XSP-N1BT CD receiver”